aggression and hormones.

Saturday, September 8

Our usual hot date on Friday has turned into late night grocery shopping and gas station runs.

Today, D has been gone all day for his horticulture class.  What is horticulture?  I couldn't tell you.  You should probably look it up. 

My day has consisted of sleeping in, netflix, laundry, dishes, cleaning, cleaning, and more cleaning.  Oh, and the attempt of coaxing myself to do my homework.  I don't want to do it.  It's a real shame you can't use your "my dog ate it" excuse with your online professors.

I should obviously be doing my homework, but why not mix business with pleasure.  This might just tickle your fancy.  My assignment is to discuss what I learned and found surprising about either PMS (premenstrual syndrome) or aggression.  

What I learned:  We as humans, blame everything on hormones.  When we're irritable or cranky, we (or our husbands) instantly blame it on our period.  While it is widely known that menstruation causes many symptoms, some interfering with daily life, it is claimed that there is no proof that PMS actually exists.  (throat clear, uhh... WHAT??)  


I feel like hormones are crazy things.  They are something that is unique to each individual and are capable of many things.  Those things we'll leave to the doctors, because frankly, I don't know anything about them.  

Some claims made in my book really surprised me.
"PMS makes you smarter!", "Testosterone may cause increases in aggression.", "Men's hormones prepare them to be good fathers.", and "There is no biological proof PMS exists."

These claims were found not true, aside from the last one.  Tired of puberty talk?  Great.  Me too.      

Now, I'm really going to do my homework.  I mean, who wouldn't want to discuss these slightly disturbing topics with strangers?  Wish me luck!



Post Script:  I feel like my excessive use of photo booth is slightly more classy than mirror pictures.  I know I'm most likely mistaken but I'm okay with it.   

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by Mlekoshi playground